I was concerned when I received a letter today marked Public Document, Official Business from the United States Senate, Richard Durbin U.S.S., I figured after challenging Durbin on live television I was being audited or maybe even deported.  But I opened it to find it was only Dick Durbin telling me that his constituents were still not worth his time.

Durbin Blog
The only political organization that ever invited me to attend a town hall meeting was Barack Obama’s Organizing for America (OFA).  OFA urged me to contact my representatives and show my support for the President.  So I contacted them.  I called my congressman and Senator Durbin.  No, I didn’t bother calling Senator Roland Burris’ office – does that really require an explanation? 

Durbin’s office told me they would contact me when a town hall meeting was scheduled.  That time never came.  Durbin, of course, said he would not hold any town hall meetings because “I don’t think that’s a productive use of my time.” Durbin claimed the town halls were clearly orchestrated and the people attending them were sent by insurance companies with instructions to disrupt the meetings. Durbin advised his colleagues not to “fall for a sucker-punch” by holding meetings for their constituents.

Durbin’s Chief of Staff, Patrick J. Souders, signed the above letter because Durbin apparently does not even have enough time to sign a letter telling us we’re a waste of his time.  The letter said “The traditional town hall meeting has recently become an opportunity for disruption rather than dialogue.  When civil discourse is replaced by yelling, pushing, and shoving, it does not serve the purpose of providing a genuine exchange.”

Well, we know what happened when Senator Durbin enjoyed a genuine exchange with one of his constituents. The #2 ranking Democrat in the Senate didn’t know what was in the bill.


Durbin’s letter said he values phone calls, emails, and letters that come to his office from constituents expressing their opinions of health reform and other issues.  You can share your views here:

Contact Durbin's Office

In addition to asking him about healthcare, you could always ask him why he was one of only 7 United States Senators who voted to fund ACORN.   You’re not worth his time, but a corrupt organization involved in prostitution, tax fraud, sex by underage girls and human trafficking is worth your money. 
| edit post
1 Response to 'Dick Durbin writes constituents to remind us we’re still not worth his time'
  1. Amusing Bunni
    http://landofdafree.blogspot.com/2009/09/dick-durbin-writes-constituents-to.html?showComment=1253505475697#c2309306612146290329'> September 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM

    Durbin proves time and time again he is AWFUL and HORRID for Illinois. Esp. when he voted to keep funding for ACORN! Who in their right mind would do that? He needs to be VOTED OUT next election.